Become IFS® informed
Join Dr. Richard Schwartz and IFS senior trainers to learn the fundamentals of the IFS model.
We’re excited to announce that enrollment is now open for Online Circle, the only foundational online course offered by the IFS Institute.
IFS® is one of the fastest growing therapy approaches in the world — because it works!
Using a non-pathologizing, evidence-based approach to healing, IFS effectively works with the client’s inner parts for transformative outcomes with PTSD, anxiety, depression, substance abuse, eating disorders, and more.
Now you can take the first step in the journey to become an effective IFS therapist!
This is your unique opportunity to learn IFS directly from the founder himself, Dr. Richard Schwartz, along with his hand-picked team of senior lead trainers! In this six-month online course, you’ll be immersed into the IFS model through self-study learning videos, clinical demonstrations, and engaging live Q&A events. You’ll end this program with a foundational understanding of the IFS model to begin to incorporate into your practice.
But, registration is only available for a limited time!
Note: this program is not meant to replace the IFS Level 1 Training, which is required for IFS Certification. Those who complete Online Circle can refer to themselves as IFS-Informed.
When you register today, you’ll receive:
- Monthly Teaching Videos: Join Senior Trainers Toni Herbine-Blank and Pamela Krause to discover, step-by-step, essential IFS insight and interventions. As you complete each monthly module, you’ll gain new skills and confidence on your journey to becoming an IFS-informed therapist.
- 1 LIVE 75-minute Q&A event each month: Engage with your instructors in an up-close learning environment where you can get answers to your specific IFS clinical questions.
- PDF handouts of slides, transcripts, and exercises to use as quick reference resources during the learning program and beyond.
- Private access to a community of IFS professionals through the IFS Learning Hub. Engage with your peers, post your questions, and be encouraged as you grow with fellow clinicians from around the world.
Overview of IFS + The Flow of the Model
- Foundations of the IFS model
- Goals of IFS therapy
- The nature of parts: A mapping exercise with Pamela Krause
- Self from an IFS perspective
- Client demonstration: Unblending and establishing a relationship with parts to enhance your therapeutic practice
- Protectors and exiles and how they apply to the IFS model
- Live 75-minute Q&A event with Toni Herbine-Blank: October 10 at 1 p.m. ET / 12 p.m. CT / 10 a.m. PT
The Protective System + Fears of the Protectors
- Types of protectors within the IFS model and how they effect healing
- The six “Fs” and the steps of unblending of a damaged part
- The seven common protector fears that client’s show
- Client demonstration and debrief to further your treatment outcomes
- Nature of exiles and what they do
- Discussion on “what is a burden?”
- Live 75-minute Q&A event with Pamela Krause: November 7 at 12 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. CT / 9 a.m. PT
Working with Exiles + The Trauma Behind the Rage
- The steps of healing a burden within a client to enhance outcomes
- Unpacking the steps to healing to get the best results from each session
- Case presentation: Trauma behind the rage
- Live 75-minute Q&A event with Dick Schwartz: December 13 at 4 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. CT / 1 p.m. PT
Polarizations + Direct Access and In-Sight
- Introduction to systemic work within the IFS model
- Functions of polarization within your Self
- Goals of treatment and how to work with polarizations
- Different modalities of IFS
- Direct access, in-sight, the decision tree, and how to apply these to your practice
- Live 75-minute Q&A event with Toni Herbine-Blank: January 23 at 1 p.m. ET / 12 p.m. CT / 10 a.m. PT
Parts of the Therapist + Therapeutic Relationship and Integration
- How to find parts within yourself
- Loving your parts meditation: An exercise to get your client inside themselves
- Integration of change into the system to further your client’s healing
- What protectors need to be witnessed and unburdened
- What a Self-led system looks like
- Live 75-minute Q&A event with Pamela Krause: February 13 at 12 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. CT / 9 a.m. PT
The Body and the Automation Nervous System + Bringing It All Together
- How parts show up in the body and what to do about them
- Finding parts in the body through meditation
- Key takeaways and common challenges within the IFS model
- Live 75-minute Q&A event with Dick Schwartz: March 20 at 4 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. CT / 1 p.m. PT
Note: Live events will be recorded and added to the Learning Hub within 2 business days
Frequently Asked Questions
Online Circle offers a foundational overview of the IFS model with over 25 hours of recorded teaching videos and live Q&A monthly calls with the presenters. It is a great way to dip your toe into the model to determine if you want to invest in future IFS trainings. The IFS Level 1 Training is a comprehensive training program of roughly 100 training hours, staffed with an intimate student to staff ratio of 3:1 to ensure adequate close hands-on supervision of the participants for experiential exercises. You can learn more about these trainings here.
No. Currently the minimum requirement towards an IFS Certification is an IFS Level 1 Training. IFS Level 1 Trainings are comprehensive programs that offer experiential exercises and supervised practice needed to safely help others navigate their own internal worlds, especially those helping heal trauma.
Online Circle was modeled after IFS Level 1 Trainings which have been designed towards and are taught by mental health practitioners for professional development. With the growth in awareness and popularity of the IFS model, we now have participants from many professions and clients of IFS providers going through Online Circle to develop their own personal understanding of the model. It is not a personal development program and should not be taken as a replacement to working with a professional.
We understand you have busy schedules and live in many different time zones, so all the live events will be recorded so you can watch them anytime, as many times as you like. You will also be able to download the videos. The videos are uploaded into the IFS Learning Hub, usually within 48 hours.
You will have access to the training videos at any time, along with the ability to download the videos or audios and transcripts. You will have access to all the course videos and materials in your account forever. You can also download all materials to your computer to save.
IFS Institute commits to learning and growing to become an organization that does its part to reduce harm and redistribute resources. As we actively work to expand the communities we reach, we are offering an invitational discount rate to People of Global Majority, LGBTQ+, and those who are under more limited economic resources. If a reduced registration rate encourages your participation or supports your overall financial well-being please complete this form.
See what previous Online Circle customers had to say:
Internal Family Systems (IFS) Online Circle
Enroll today for $497!
Get to Know Your Teachers:
Dick Schwartz, Ph.D., IFS Founder began his career as a systemic family therapist and an academic and he is now on the Faculty of the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. He is also a Senior Fellow of the Meadows, a treatment center in Arizona. Grounded in systems thinking, Dr. Schwartz developed the IFS model in response to clients’ descriptions of various parts within themselves. In 2000, he founded what is now the IFS Institute, which offers three levels of IFS trainings and workshops in IFS for professionals and the general public, both in this country and abroad. A featured speaker for national professional organizations, Dr. Schwartz has published many books and over fifty articles about IFS.
Toni Herbine-Blank, MS, RN, C-SP is a Clinical Specialist Psychotherapist. She was trained in family therapy at the University of Pennsylvania where she earned both her RN and advanced practice degree in Psychiatric Nursing. She began training students in IFS therapy in 2004 and since has been instrumental in designing programs and writing curricula for Level 1 and 2 training programs. Toni has been in private practice since 1996 specializing in the treatment of couples and individuals. In 2009, after designing a training for IFS therapists to apply the model to couples therapy, Toni offered the first Intimacy from the Inside Out© training program.
Pamela Krause, MSW, LCSW, is an IFS Senior Lead Trainer and is also trained in Hakomi therapy. She has a private practice working with adults, adolescents, and children. She has a sub-specialty in adapting the IFS model for use in younger children.
30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Register for this course and if you’re not completely satisfied within 30-days, email us at [email protected] for a full refund
We’re that confident you’ll find this learning experience to be all that’s promised and more than you expected
Internal Family Systems (IFS) Online Circle
Register today for $497!
Plus, earn up to 25 CE Hours! CE credit details.
CE certificate is sold separately for $69 and is available at the completion of the program